Monday, July 7, 2008

Cross Designs

One of our lovely readers recommended Cross Designs to us.  According to their website, it looks like they make a variety of clergy shirts, including features we've discussed like:  T-shirt material, 3/4 sleeves, curved side panels, even cap sleeves.  They don't have photographs, but you can see sketches of some pretty cute ladies' shirts (even maternity!) here.

Prices aren't terrible, either.  Even with the falling dollar, they seem to be under $100 each.  I don't know how much shipping to the U.S. would cost. If anyone has a photograph of one of these shirts, we'd love to post it!

ETA: I looked more deeply on their website and found two photos, attached here:




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cross Designs website isn't the most advanced in the world, but their shirts are great. I have the jersey stretch tops in black - they even made the collar gap narrower on request to reflect my rather high church Anglican ways! They do lots of other colours and styles, and will make shirts up in your own material if you send it in I think. I only wear black shirts though so don't know what they are like...

Maria said...

But the floral one?! Seriously, flowery?
Otherwise, they seem good.

Anonymous said...

I'll post you some pictures when mine arrive....just ordered a few for my new post!

Anonymous said...

The woman who runs croft is impressive. I had a conversation with her about why other shirts don't usually fit me, and she told me exactly how to take extra measurements to make it better(hint: if you grew up swimming lots, you might actually have two neck measurements, top and bottom...)

A friend who wears her shirts says the quality of the tailoring can vary noticeably depending on which person makes it.

Shalom said...

I just got a really great tab-collar shirt from WomenSpirit that I'd recommend. Will try to link here. I ordered the 8, which seems to be well-sized, and I really like the color (grey).

I enjoy your blog, by the way!

Jane R said...

The floral one at least has a good shape. The pink one is dreadful.

Anonymous said...

I like the floral one very much.