MFD introduced us to the world of tailoring and it worked something like this:
- Find a tailor or shirtmaker in your area (MFD already had a connection, fortunately.)
- Convince said tailor there is a market for making women's clergy shirts that look like a woman's shirt.
- Bring in your favorite non-clergy shirt. (In this case it was a Banana Republic blouse, I think.)
- The tailor will make a pattern based on this shirt. After you work out the kinks (My first was a bit short. . .no need for the parish to see my belly every time I raise my hands), you can call the tailor and have him make a particular color from afar. (Important in our case, since our fabulous tailor is the chattiest man alive.)
- After you receive your fabulous shirts, show them to all your clergy girlfriends so they can storm down the tailor's door.